Montessori School of San Clemente and Preschool Care Center is located in San Clemente, CA, offering authentic Montessori programs. The environment is carefully prepared with activities and child-size furniture. This allows the child to have an unforgettable experience that becomes a solid foundation for the child’s life-long journey. Our Preschool and Infant Care Center offers a year-round program with both full- and half-day attendance. Half-day sessions are available on a limited space/availability basis. We offer 2, 3, and 5 day schedules.
Full Day Program : 8:30am – 3:00pm
Half Day Program : 8:30am – 12:30pm
Extended Day Program: 6:30am – 6:00pm
INFANT/TODDLER PROGRAM: Our Infant/Toddler Program at Montessori School of San Clemente is for ages 6 weeks through 24 months. It is peaceful, spotlessly clean and loving dwelling where babies can move freely, explore and feel protected. “Since it is through movement that the will realizes itself, we should assist a child in his attempts to put his will into act.” Teachers speak with soft tender voices; the daily pace is tranquil, and the décor replicates the warmth of a peaceful home. Each infant entrusted within our care is an individual to be nurtured with affection and respect. Our Montessori environment leads the infant to interest and activity, which invites the child to conduct his own experiences in repetition. Through their freedom of movement, the babies are developing coordination of their bodies, grasping skills and hand-eye coordination. Toddlers is the next step in the care of your child as a continuation from the infant room, bringing them through their development and preparing them for our Pre-Primary Program. This program includes the social interaction of the infant room along with the development of sensory skills that coincide with the Montessori materials used at this stage. Our loving staff provides our walking infants with the nurturing that is essential to their proper growth and development. Each day they are provided with activities to stimulate their development. The children spend time outdoors daily and are encouraged to participate in activities that teach them to care for and respect our outdoor environment, as well as activities that promote large muscle-group coordination. You will be provided with a detailed report of your child’s activities daily.
PRE-PRIMARY PROGRAM: This program is dedicated to children between the ages of 24-36 months or until toilet trained, whichever comes first. The materials are Montessori-based, and include sensorial, preliminary practical life activities, preliminary math, language and cultural activities which satisfy your child’s need for imitation, work, and order. Your child experiences satisfaction in learning to care for himself as more and more independence becomes possible for him. The activities are designed to provide your child with the skills they need to be successful in our Primary Program. The child will scoop, spoon, sort, grasp, make comparisons, and will be introduced to the concept of phonetic sounds and quantities. This helps them develop the small muscle skill that it takes to become a successful writer and the cognitive skill that he needs to feel fulfilled. Details on your child’s behavior and the activities that your child participated in during the day are provided to you in our daily report.
PRIMARY PROGRAM: This environment prepares children ages 3 to 6 for elementary school and more, utilizing all Montessori materials. The multi-age classroom re-creates a family “real world” structure. This program provides them the opportunity to enjoy the freedom to move around his environment and satisfy his inner needs for imitation, repetition, and movement through the following areas.
- Practical Life Through our beautiful “Real Life” Practical Life lessons the children learn to care for themselves and the environment, fostering independence.
- Sensorial “Our apparatus for educating the senses offers the child a key to guide his explorations of the world.”
- Geography The children are thoroughly engaged with their in-depth studies of both US & World Geography.
- Math We offer tremendous Montessori mathematic concrete materials for the children to work with in concentration and repetition. This lays the strongest foundation for later abstract studies.
- Language Heavy emphasis is placed on spoken language, phonetics, writing and reading.
- Cultural Materials This area offers geography, history, botany, zoology, and human values. Your child will enjoy discovering his world and the world around him using his language, sensorial, and mathematical skills.
- SUMMER PROGRAM: In addition to our Montessori curriculum, children have science experiments, water play days, cooking and baking, sports, Spanish, petting zoo, and much more.